WHAT AYURVEDA SAYS?
Ayurveda says that if you drink water from a copper water bottle, it is not only good for heart health, but also great for digestion and aids in weight loss. If you are wondering how to improve your immunity, Ayurveda recommends drinking water from copper water bottles for the multitude of health benefits it offers. Since drinking water from the Ayurvedic copper water bottle can help balance your tridoshas (Kapha, Pitta and Vata) and prevents various infections.
Additionally in Sanskrit, water stored in the copper vessel is known as ‘tamara jal’.
As you all know copper is a trace element, which means that you only need minimal amounts of it. Ayurveda says it plays a significant role in multiple essential body functions, for example production of energy, connective tissues, and your brain’s chemical messaging system. Moreover, apart from drinking water stored in copper water bottles, copper is widely found in foods such as shellfish, nuts, seeds, potatoes, whole grain products, green vegetables, beans, peas, sunflower seeds, dark chocolate, peanut butter and organ meat.
BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER FROM AYURVEDIC COPPER WATER BOTTLE
Storing water in copper water bottles seems to have numerous antibacterial properties capable of killing harmful bacteria. However, to avail the benefits the water must be stored for several hours — possibly even days.
Here, we are providing you a general list of benefits that you will avail by drinking water from Ayurvedic copper water bottle:
- It aids in weight loss
- It Improves your digestion.
- It helps in slowing down aging.
- It is beneficial for the heart and aids in hypertension and cholesterol.
- It is really great in case of arthritis and inflamed joints.
- It helps in beating anaemia because copper aids the body’s absorption of iron, which plays a key role in fighting anaemia.
- It helps in healing wounds faster.
- It regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- It boosts your skin health.
- It is considered antimicrobial and aids in fighting infections.
- It helps in production of melanin.
- It fights off cancer.
- helps clean plaque as well as dilate the blood vessels to encourage the blood flow to the heart.
- It activates your immune system.
- It increases your brain efficiency.
- It helps in the production of new cells.
- It provides a natural detox.
- It prevents stroke.
SIDE EFFECTS OF AYURVEDIC COPPER WATER BOTTLE
Copper is a mineral which is found throughout your body. It is a nutrient that your body needs in minimal amounts to function properly. However, other heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic, aren’t good for your health. But getting copper in trace amounts is quite important for you.
Well, Ayurveda says getting too much or not enough of copper can cause health problems as well.
A large amount of copper can cause toxicity symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhoea, jaundice, muscle pain and can damage your liver, heart or kidney. Whereas not getting enough copper can cause celiac disease, cystic fibrosis, Crohn’s disease, a loss of vision, fatigue, anemia, numbness or tremors.
So be sure that you get enough copper, not too much or not too less. Consult with your doctor, if you notice the symptoms of either copper deficiency or copper toxicity.
HOW TO CLEAN AYURVEDIC COPPER WATER BOTTLE?
The Ayurvedic copper water bottle needs to be cleaned twice a week, if you use them daily. You can clean the copper water bottle by following these simple tricks:
- Lemon and salt- Take a lemon, cut it in half and add salt to the cut side and rub gently onto the Ayurvedic copper water bottle. Or you can also make a paste form with lemon juice, and equal parts salt and non-oxidised corn-starch or baking soda for cleaning copper water bottles.
- Vinegar and salt- Another simple trick for cleaning Ayurvedic copper water bottles is to rub a mixture of 1 tablespoon salt and 1 cup of white vinegar onto the copper water bottle with a soft cloth and then wash it off. Or, you can immerse the tarnished copper into a pot of 3 cups of water and the salt-vinegar mixture, then bring to a boil. Remember, boil until the grime and tarnish comes off.
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Ayurvedic copper water bottle is an emerging trend that facilitates the practice of storing drinking water in a copper container or copper water bottle.
And this trend is widely supported by Ayurveda, an Indian system of holistic medicine with ancient origins. Since the copper has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which in turn offers you a wide range of mental and physical health benefits.
Ayurveda says that “You cannot synthesise copper, unlike many other nutritional elements, and thus you need to get it from dietary sources. And copper-infused water (drinking water from Ayurvedic copper water bottles) is an ideal choice”.