Users who create invoices when using QuickBooks payments may notice some missing data and may consequently experience various connection problems in QuickBooks Payments. This issue requires users to adjust the settings related to the internet connection. Follow this blog all the way till the end to find potential fixes for Internet Connection Problems in QuickBooks Payments.
You might get the following error message on your computer screen:
What causes Internet connection problems in QuickBooks Payments?
Internet connection problems in QuickBooks Payments can occur due to various reasons, including:
- QuickBooks Payments requires a stable and consistent internet connection to process payments. If the network connectivity is weak or interrupted, it can cause internet connection problems in QuickBooks Payments.
- The firewall or security settings of your computer or network may be blocking QuickBooks Payments from accessing the internet.
- If QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version.
- Incorrect settings within QuickBooks or your computer's network settings can cause internet connection errors.
Solutions for tackling internet connection problems in QuickBooks Payments
To troubleshoot these issues, you can try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Delete System junk
- Run Internet Explorer. The same can be accessed from the Start menu.
- Go to the Tools tab.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Hit on the General tab.
- Navigate to the Browsing history menu, and then select Delete.
- Make sure the boxes next to Saved Passwords, Cookies Website Data, Temporary Internet files, and other choices are checked.
- Click on Delete.
- Restart QuickBooks and try to process the payment again.
Solution 2: Alter Compatibility View settings.
- Run Internet Explorer.
- Head to Tools.
- Choose the Compatibility View Settings.
- Click on Add this website.
- Add "https://*.intuit.com" and then hit on Add.
- Also, include the websites "https://*.intuit.net" and "https://*.quickbooks.com".
- After that, close the Window.
- Open QuickBooks and process the payment.
Solution 3: Include Intuit as a trusted website
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, go to Help.
- Click on Internet Connection Setup.
- Opt for Use my computer's Internet connection settings.
- Click on Next.
- Got to the Advanced Connection Settings.
- Click on Security.
- Head to the trustworthy sites option.
- Add the below given sites in the Sites option:
- Click on Close.
- Opt for the Custom level option. Herein, click on Miscellaneous.
- Hit the Enable button corresponding to Access data sources across domains option.
- Hit on Apply.
- Click on Ok.
Through this post, we have unraveled multiple solutions that can help users fix internet connection problems in QuickBooks Payments. If you need any help from our experts, just reach out to our QuickBooks error support team by calling us at 1-800-761-1787.